July 11, 2012

Here's to you Rich






Tylor received a very special package in the mail the other day from his favorite camp counselor last year, Rich.  He sent him chocolate and some strawberry milk shake stuff (which Tylor loved!!).  Along with the goodies was a letter and in it told Tylor to nag me to update his blog.  I know I have been very bad lately about updating his blog...but the summer has just been so busy.  So here goes....

I can honestly tell you that Tylor looks and is better than he has been in a while, not that he was horrible before but WOW he is doing fantastic! It is hard to believe that two of his three weeks of camp are already over.  He has had so much fun, like every year.  He has been fishing, dancing, swimming, flirting with girls, doing arts and crafts and playing games while at camp this year. Last week he won the Biggest Ladies Man award...can you believe that??  He will be off to camp again this Friday till next Friday.  It is so weird not having him home.  At the beginning it is nice to be able to run errands after work and not have to worry about time running short but after two days I want him home but I know this is so good for Ty.  He loves spending time with his camp buddies and everyone out there loves him! I have been sending a camera with him so once I get the pictures I will post them.

On the not so fun side of things for Tylor is he got his new AFO's (ankle braces) on Monday.  Boy was therapy on Tuesday a struggle.  Because of my work schedule I can't take Ty to therapy so his nurse takes him. But she said he had to do a lot of walking. The new AFO's are designed to prevent his toes to drop when he walks, so there is less mobility.  The therapist had to try a couple of different "stops" to see which one works best for him now.  This required a lot of walking with the different levels of stops.  She did decide on a lower stop to give him more mobility but as his toe drop gets worse the level will need to be increased.  Needless to say he was pretty tired after his session. 

After this week of camp he has one more weekend and then the rest of the summer will be filled with family camping, Ryde 4 Tylor (August 11), a trip to Nashville, and maybe some relaxing in between all of that!! Then he starts school on August 21st....which is so crazy to me! I feel like he just got out of school and now he is going to be a Sophomore!! 

I hope all his readers are enjoying their summer as much as we are...Thank you for your love and support!!


1 comment: